A life begins and a life ends. My step-grandmother passed away this afternoon in Memphis, Tennessee. I will be driving up when I hear the funeral plans. My children's lives are just beginning. My children are full of hopes and dreams just as all of us are. Our lives are a time of great reflection, especially during times like this.
"For it is appointed unto man once to die, and after that comes judgment." Heb 9:27
What kind of lives are we leading? Are we setting good examples in all we do? Do we help one another or do we tear each other down? Do we remember our Creator in the days of our youth or do we deny His existence?
My step-grandmother had eight children that lived and she buried two babies and a husband before the age of 40. I can't even count all the grandchildren and great-grandchildren she leaves behind to mourn her. Her final years were filled with ailments that grew increasingly worse. Her mind remained sharp and she knew what she was saying earlier today when she asked for Life support to end. She was tired and ready to die.
I will go home to a house of mourning. I will also see friends and family that I have not seen in years. Isn't it funny how death brings life together and the whole cycle repeats itself? Just food for thought on a somber day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm sorry to hear about your step-grandmother. I lost a step-grandmother 5 years ago. She too was a great lady.
Post a Comment