Monday, May 26, 2008

YouTube - Historical St Albans

YouTube - Historical St Albans

I found this video of Historical St Albans on YouTube.

Happy Memorial Day to all of you! I hope you will enjoy your time off with your families and friends. I just signed on to check my assignments that are due this week. Can you believe this quarter is almost finished!

Amanda and William just left to go hike some of the trails near Lake Lanier. They took some sandwiches and drinks with them so I think they'll be gone for a while. Byron is upstairs preparing his sermon for this upcoming Sunday morning. Gerald and Patch are enjoying listening to the sounds of the birds singing in the trees. It has been a lovely day so far.

We saw two good movies this weekend. We saw the new Indiana Jones movie with William on Saturday and then went to Panera Bread for dinner. Last night we saw Narnia, Prince Caspian after evening services with several of our friends.

I have been preparing food for dinner. I am keeping everything very simple today. We are going to play cards together later this evening. We play a game called "Oh, Heck!" that my in-laws played with their friends when they were newlyweds. You play 15 hands, start out with 8 cards, decrease to 1 card, and then increase back up to 8 cards. Each hand has different trump and you bid based upon what you think you can take. If you make your bid, you score 10 plus the bid (bid 2, score 12), if you go under your bid you lose 11 points (bid 3 and only take 1 or 2, minus 11 points), if you take more than you bid your score decreases by 1 point for each card above your bid (bid 2 take 3 cards, minus 1 point off your score).

Well, I need to get to work! I'll be back later.

No comments: