Welcome to Moya's Place
Wow! I think this is going to be fun! I am doing this blog as part of a school assignment. I am a full-time student at Gwinnett Technical College and I was one of those people who was generally afraid to push the button if it involved a computer. I started taking classes that heavily rely on computer use and I found out my computer could actually be quite a bit of fun!
I enjoy traveling, music, reading, cooking, walking, living...
My family's travels have taken us to some really cool places over the years. My favorite American city has got to be San Francisco. I go with my husband every fall when he attends the Oracle conference. We get up and have breakfast together and then I take off for the day. I always end up along the Fisherman's Wharf area at Pier 39 watching the Sea lions. If you ever get a chance to go, Run!, No, Fly! Really, just go and enjoy yourself. We have taken our son with us the past two years and he loves it as much as I do and he's a great travel companion.
This past September and October found us visiting friends and doing some missionary work in Argentina. My husband preached a series of lessons in three different cities. Our home base was in Mendoza. Mendoza is a large city with a beautiful downtown and lots of parks. The terrain is mountainous. The people we met were extremely loving, friendly and generous. Many of them did not have much in the way of physical possessions but if they had anything they were ready to share it with us. Have I mentioned Argentine beef? You haven't had anything like it over here! I went to lunch at one family's house and the man's two year old grandson was there for lunch. Waldo, our host, gave his grandson a thick cut of beef for lunch that we would see an adult eat in Longhorn's! We took a 12-13 hour bus ride on a Cama Coche from Mendoza to Buenos Aires and spent 5 days working there. Buenos Aires is extremely humid! I am talking about your towels don't dry from one day to the next humid! Again, just absolutely wonderful, incredibly social people. Everyone drinks mate! Even the children like it. I went back to Mendoza with my sister-in-law while my husband and son headed further south to Commodoro Rivadavia with our friend to work with another church. Sadly, our trip had to come to an end and it was so hard leaving the dear friends we had made during our travels.
I am from St Albans, England. My parents divorced when I was a child and my Mom and Stepfather brought me to America. They live in Tennessee. My Dad and Stepmother live in County Longford in Ireland. We took our son and daughter, Amanda to visit Grandad and Granny Chris and the rest of the family in 2003. My Dad's property includes the ruins of an old abbey from the 1400s. My kids and all the nieces and nephews loved to run and play all over the countryside. Sheep! Sheep are scattered all over the rugged, beautiful landscape. I can't tell you enough about how absolutely gorgeous this country is. We actually were able to travel to 17 counties in the south during our trip. We plan to spend some time in Northern Ireland next time we visit.
The year 2000 found us in central Europe in mid-March on a missionary trip with friends meeting new friends! Our home base was in Bratislava, Slovakia. We also went to Prague and Brno in the Czech Republic, Vienna, Austria and Budapest, Hungary. The architecture in these old cities is stunning! Our country is so young and these countries are old and rich with history and the beautiful old buildings are amazing. Prague, lit up at night, will just take your breath away! It was still very much winter while we were there and the snow on the landscape was just beautiful to behold. I hope to go back with my husband and friends one year.
Friday, April 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment