Thursday, April 17, 2008

It's a Beautiful Morning

It's a beautiful morning! Sounds like the title of a song:) Right now I am in my kitchen looking into my sunroom. Patch is on the sofa listening to the birds and Gerald is in the kitchen with me. I see some Mourning Doves and Cardinals out in the treeline and I hear several more birds in the nearby trees singing to one another.

I see some Dogwood blooms on the neighbor's tree behind my house and my next door neighbor's azaleas are gorgeous! It looks like I might have a really good Iris show this year! Last year my blooms were pitiful. The year before I had so many blooms I was able to keep my vases filled with fresh flowers for quite a while! My favorites are the deep purple color. I think I will have to split my Irises and relocate some of them later this year because they are getting too crowded around my lone tree.

I am getting ready to head out to the Gwinnett Visitor and Convention Center. After today, I should have my GTAP certificate completed. It is a 7 part series aimed at the Gwinnett Tourism trade. I have learned about our county's parks and recreation system, venues that are available for concerts, plays, sports, and tradeshow events, toured courthouses and museums, learned about some of our premier shopping malls, sampled some good food, and have been through the entire Gwinnett Civic Center and Arena. Plus there have been some great guest speakers! I got involved with this through a field trip I took with a group from Gwinnett Tech during my first quarter of school. I had my Longaberger business cards with me and I handed one to Linda Busby and she included me in her contact list. If you are in the tourism program you should really check this out. It's FREE. This session is almost finished but the next session starts in the fall. There are several people in the hotel and restaurant management field along with those working in the entertainment venues who attend this program and it's a great way to network.

I hope all of you have a lovely day! I'll be back tomorrow with more news.

No comments: