Thursday, April 24, 2008

Good Morning, Good Morning, Good Morning

These are the opening words to a Beatles song on the Sergeant Pepper album. You know, the one with the rooster crowing, the hunt bugles and the barking dogs. Anyway, it's noisy enough outside my house this morning with all the birds singing to one another. I love the outdoor sounds!

Patch is lying by the front storm door listening to all the sounds. I forgot to tell you, she actually "played" my son's electric guitar on Tuesday! This is our music loving cat. William had his guitar propped against the bookcase in the family room and he and I were having lunch at the kitchen table. Patch went up to the guitar, cocked her head, looked carefully at the strings, and then she leaned her head toward the guitar and plucked the strings with her teeth! She did this several times and about the time I said we ought to record it on the camera she stopped. If she ever does this again, I sure hope the camera is nearby.

I've already been busy in my kitchen this morning. We are going to a friend's house for dinner and I am taking some squash and a broccoli-cauliflower salad. William thinks we should be having squash for breakfast! I prepare it with bacon, onion, brown sugar, and a little salt and pepper and he has decided it is one of his favorite dishes. Now he is watching the prices in the grocery store and he points out when it's on sale! Did I tell you I think boys are a hoot!

Gerald has claimed his spot in the chair beside me. I call him my kitchen cat since he is always out here with me!

Next week my daughter will receive her Bachelor's degree in Liberal Arts. She will be graduating with honors again. She earned her Associates degree in Business from Gwinnett Tech two years ago and graduated with honors. She will begin her Master's in Library Sciences at USF in the fall. I am so proud of her and all the hard work she has done! I will take lots of pictures so you can see my "Bunny Rabbit." We had an interesting conversation when she was home during one of her breaks. She said if she were to work towards and receive her doctorate, she would want to be called Dr. Nash. I told her I was her mother and I didn't see myself addressing her as Dr. Nash, maybe Dr. Bunny Rabbit and I'll buy her a Build-a-Bear Bunny to finish off her honor! We had a good laugh together after she rolled her eyes at me.

Well, I must go. I have to take my car in for an oil change this morning. I'll be back later.

No comments: